Jesus is EVERYTHING not only the sum, but the fullness, the completeness, the EVERYTHING of God. You can depend and trust always in Him.
- Jesus is not a son of God. Jesus is THE Son of God –Matthew 16-13 “When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?” 14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 “But what about you?”he asked. “Who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
- Jesus is not a way to God, a truth about God, nor a life to God. Jesus is THE way to God, Jesus is THE truth of God, and Jesus is THE Life in God – John 4:6 “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”
- Jesus did not help make things, Jesus is THE maker of all things – John 1:3 “Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.”
- Jesus does not help hold thing together, Jesus is THE holder of all things together. Colossians 1:17 “He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
- Jesus is not a name, Jesus is THE name – Philippians 2:9 “Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,”
- Jesus is not a king or lord. He is THE King, THE Lord – Philippians 2:10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
- Jesus is not with all things. Jesus is BEFORE all things – Colossians 1:18 “And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
- Jesus is not a cornerstone for the world. Jesus is THE Cornerstone for all things – Ephesians 2:20 “built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.”
- Jesus is not a part of God. Jesus is God. – Colossians 1:19 “For God was pleased to have all his (God) fullness dwell in him (Jesus), 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.”
- Jesus is not a son of God. Jesus is THE Son of God. – Matthew 3: 16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
- Again, Jesus is not a son of God. Jesus is THE Son of God. – Hebrews 5:5 “In the same way, Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father.”
- Jesus is not a word about God. Jesus is THE WORD of GOD – Revelations 19: 13 He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God.
- Jesus is not from the beginning and near the end. Jesus is before the beginning and He is past the end – Revelation 22:13 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”
- Jesus is not a way to take away sin from man. Jesus is THE Way to take away sin from man – John 1:29 “The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God,who takes away the sin of the world!”
Today as I was feeding a bagel to our three dogs, I got that they don’t have a care, they don’t fret about anything. They have a nice comfortable setting and are fed adequately, their living conditions are good and they get lots of love. This is because they are loved. Their security is in their masters hands. They don’t even think about being on their own. They are our loved dogs, they trust us!!
Think how much more God loves us; those who have asked Jesus into their lives, and are His children.
John 3:16-21 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (NIV)
Luke 12:22-28 “And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?” (KJV)
Our dog’s trust is completely in their master’s hands and they relax and are comfortable in that.
There was a bumper sticker that said “God is my co-pilot”. We ask God to help us in our ventures and we ask for His guidance in what we want to do for God. And of course we will “give Him all the glory”
He is God and He is glorified by His works in us. Neither we nor He is glorified by what we do for God.
We need God, God does not need us. He is the potter we are the clay.
I was standing in the backyard one day watching the clouds form and move in the sky. God explained to me that the clouds did not have a will. They did not have any preconceived ideas of how to be shaped. They followed without hesitation or resistance what God wanted to do with them. It was totally His decision on what they looked like, their formation.
Yet nothing that man could make or even conceive was near equal to the glory of these clouds, their beauty, their splendor, their grandeur.
The clouds were glorious in themselves and God was glorified in what He had made.
God talked to Job about God and His glory and the significance of man.
“God said to Job; Job 38 “Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm. He said: 2 “Who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge? 3 Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me. 4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it?” Job38: 1-4
Job 40 “The Lord said to Job: 2 “Will the one who contends with the Almighty correct him?
Let him who accuses God answer him!” 3 Then Job answered the Lord:4 “I am unworthy—how can I reply to you? I put my hand over my mouth. 5 I spoke once, but I have no answer— twice, but I will say no more.” 6 Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm: 7 “Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me. 8 “Would you discredit my justice? Would you condemn me to justify yourself? 9 Do you have an arm like God’s, and can your voice thunder like his? 10 Then adorn yourself with glory and splendor, and clothe yourself in honor and majesty. 11 Unleash the fury of your wrath, look at all who are proud and bring them low, 12 look at all who are proud and humble them, crush the wicked where they stand. 13 Bury them all in the dust together; shroud their faces in the grave. 14 Then I myself will admit to you that your own right hand can save you. Job 40: 1-14
Job 42 “1 Then Job replied to the Lord: 2 “I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted. 3 You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’ Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know. 4 “You said, ‘Listen now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you shall answer me.’ 5 My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you. 6 Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes.”
Job 42: 1-6
Colossians 1 “25 I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness— 26the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the Lord’s people. 27To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.” Colossians 1: 25-27
We are nothing, nothing, yet God through Christ has made in us everything. It is Christ in us the hope of glory. What can we do except know Him and know Him better.
GOD IS FIRST!!